By Mr. Bogdan
Morning Scratch editor
I've been told by The Investor I will get only coal for Christmas if I "keep up this attitude." She says Santa Paws isn't very happy with me. She says that I haven't even tried to improve my behavior even as Christmas nears.
The Investor's examples of recent badness on my part include:
(1) Hitting the Investor on the lips just this week and drawing blood;
(2) Hitting the Investor's friend in the face and drawing blood on her forehead;
(3) Hitting Sara in the face just this morning;
(4) Eating Christmas tree needles and throwing up all over the floor;
(5) Growling at the Investor last night when she picked me up;
(6) Trying to eat our doggy friends' Christmas presents last night while the Investor was trying to wrap the gifts;
(7) Getting on the kitchen counter and munching on the tomatoes;
(8) WAIT, INVESTOR. This is enough. I think this is unfair.
What about all the good things I do? I hardly ever hit the Man. I sit on the Man's and the Investor's laps. I purr and make the Investor happy about it. I let Sara give me a bath - SOMETIMES.
Sometimes I eat things I shouldn't ... but what's important is that I eat things I should, like crunchies. And I can't help that I misunderstood, when the Investor put treats on the floor that weren't for me. I think it's perfectly reasonable to have believed those doggy treats were for me. Why else would they be on the floor?
The Bogdan verdict: I'm a good kitty. All these "bad" things are just misunderstandings.
Here are the girls getting Christmas ready: