Here I am, preparing to take notes for my next big newspaper assignment.
This is The Morning Scratch's very first Thursday Thirteen.
Here are thirteen headlines The Morning Scratch staff hopes to write in the next year, with the contributor in parenthesis.
1. Cats take over MTV, launch own slew of reality shows. (Sara)
2. The never-ending food bowl is discovered in the rain forests of Brazil. (Kat 3)
3. Everything is on sale at www.2dogsandacat.com/. (Sara)
4. Cat wins "American Idol." (Bogdan)
5. Mu shue Pooh King Cat starts selling his "chicky-flavored cat nip." (Bogdan)
6. Dishwasher breaks; Kat 3 hired as replacement. (Kat 3)
7. Jeter Harris interns at The Morning Scratch under pseudonym Jimmy Olsen. (Bogdan)
8. Cats turn video cameras on humans, show embarrassing footage on "America's Funniest Home Videos." (Bogdan)
9. Skeezix is biggest craze to hit Japan since Godzilla. (Kat 3)
10. Water baths are outlawed. (Bogdan)
11. Airlines debut "furrrst-class," in which cats and other animals get special treatment while flying to all their important engagements. (Sara)
12. To stay in shape, 23 hours of sleep each day is necessary, researchers find. (Bogdan)
13. All corners of the universe are fitted with self-scratchers. (Kat 3)
The staff at the Morning Scratch would like to thank everyone for the great welcoming you've given us! It's much more than we expected. We'll visit you all soon!
P.S. We haven't figured out how to do that linky thing that's on everyone else's Thursday Thirteen.
P.P.S. We also haven't figured out why visual verification doesn't work for us, making it so we can't post comments some places!